Ring Size Guide - How To Measure Ring Size
UK Ring Size Chart
Use the chart of UK measurements below to find your ring measurement. A hemline/sewing tape measure is ideal to measure. Remember to give enough leeway for the tape measure to fit over your knuckles.
|Ring Size||Circumference (mm)||Ring Size||Circumference (mm)||Ring Size||Circumference (mm)|
How to find your partners ring size
Guess it (not as crazy as it sounds):
- Fingers are proportionate to body type so, If your partner is petite, it’s likely that their hands are smaller and slender, start at a size H or I for women, and around an N for men.
- If they’re more average in height, chances are they have an average finger size too. An average finger size is L½ for women and Q for men.
- If your partner is above average height or build, start at around a ring size N for a woman and a size T for men.
- Take a ring they already wear to a jewellers for it to be sized.
- Bear in mind that the engagement/wedding ring finger is the third finger on the left hand
Use your own finger:
- This is our favourite, slide a ring that they already wear onto your own 'ring finger' and mark with a pen where it gets stuck. Take it to a jeweller and you'll get a very close size.
Downloadable ring size guide
Download and print our simple ring size guide and place a ring over the dotted circles and match the inner diameter to find your the ring size. Our guide is perfect for when you want to surprise someone with a perfectly fitting ring.
Also included in the guide is a printable finger measuring strip to help with an accurate size. Please note that this is only a guide and won't take into account the style of your ring. For example, if you are choosing a ring with a wide band, you may need a larger size. If you're in doubt, seek help from your local jeweller.
Congratulations on finding the one to spend your life with, lets find a perfect engagement ring
Symbolise a never-ending connection with our unique collection of diamond eternity rings
Explore a huge range of unique diamond and gemstone dress rings set in gold and platinum
Helpful Ring Sizing Tips:
- Don't worry about taking a risk to make sure your occassion goes to plan. It's about the gesture and the way you propose that counts. I'ts thought in the industry that around 40% of all engagement rings are resized. You can get in touch with James Porter to help with resizing.
- Fingers expand and contract depending on the temperature. It might sound silly but bear that in mind if you're measuring a finger after walking into a jewellers after being out in the cold.
- If your knuckle is much larger than your finger’s base, take two separate measurements of both and choose a size in between. A ring should slide over the knuckly but not be too loose to slider around the finger.
- If you don't have a printer, you can use string or floss to wrap around a ring finger and mark it with a pet to get a length which you can then measure with a ruler. Bear in mind with this that string can stretch!